First a couple of basic concepts on the architecture and security of the product that you are about to onboard:
- Tricent for Google Workspace (Tricent) runs as a managed Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Each Tricent customer runs in their own isolated data environment without any data sharing between customer domains.
- All customer data is stored encrypted at rest and in transit using standards-based encryption algorithms.
- All customer data access keys are stored encrypted and only exposed in memory for the Tricent service when needed.
- All data access, user actions, and admin access to the customer's Tricent application in support scenarios are logged and kept for the duration of the service contract to fulfill compliance and regulatory requirements.
Tricent onboarding requirements
Tricent for Google needs the below setup in Google Cloud Platform and Google Workspace to be granted access to your company files and be allowed to perform actions on these.
In Google Cloud Platform
- Google Drive API must be enabled
- Google Admin API must be enabled
In Google Workspace
- Google Workspace API permissions enabled for the Tricent data processing engine and scheduler.
- Google Workspace API permissions enabled for the Tricent user-facing frontend web application.
- A Google Workspace account for Directory and Shared Drive API calls with required permissions assigned.
- Your Google Workspace ID is also required.
- Finally, allowlisting of app.tricent.com to ensure trouble-free mail delivery to users.
Tricent technical onboarding procedure
To onboard Tricent for Google Workspace, you must meet the above requirements.
How to do that is fully described in our step-by-step guide available right here, which any employee with adequate permissions in your Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform should be able to complete.
Tricent Customer Success is available to help during all phases of the onboarding of Tricent and can answer any questions that C-level, technical, legal, or compliance teams may have regarding the functionality, security, and architecture of Tricent for Google Workspace.
You can also get an online meeting walkthrough of the product if you need it, and we are ready to advise on end user onboarding and adoption.
We also have a full support universe with guides, videos, and frequently asked questions for admins and end users at support.tricent.com. And you can get complete operational transparency by signing up for notifications on incidents and maintenance work at status.tricent.com.